Texarkana Baptist Children's Home
Children at this Home attend elementary through secondary education at the on-campus school: Texarkana Baptist Academy. Those who desire to do so and qualify may remain on campus following high school graduation to attain higher or post-secondary education. Such educational pursuits are aided by scholarship programs both on and off campus. Presently the Home maintains the Fraser Scholarship Fund; the Arville Hinsley Scholarship Fund; and the Rev. J.W. Kesner, Sr. Memorial Scholarship Fund that help students continue their educational goals.
Highlighted Advantages to Residents of Texarkana Baptist Home
- The opportunity to attend worship services and youth activities regularly.
- Sibling groups who enter the Home stay together on the same campus and see each other on a daily basis
- A trained, caring, and loving staff and house parents.
- Private elementary and secondary education
- Scholarships for post-secondary and higher education
- Travel: occasional trips to fun and educational places
- Annual dental, medical, and eye exams with all identified needs met.
- Driver's Ed. including practice driving resulting in secured driver's license
- Interaction with other youth groups through home school association, field trips, and civic club participation such as Toastmasters.
- Discipline of shared responsibilities
- Modern facilities with private bedrooms and bath.
A separate campus on the Home's property houses its Counseling Ministry. These special people are retired ministers and their wives who are able to be surrogate grandparents and offer devotionals and advice.
The Home is blessed to have church groups come to visit often. Also, there are times when the population of the Home is invited to share it's ministry with area churches. In addition to these activities, the Home publishes a newletter called "The Homeline." It also offers interested parties a DVD presentation of life in the Home. Those interested in having a presentation at their location should contact the office for date reservation.